Jump Start Your Podcast
A self paced course to guide you through creating and launching your podcast
Welcome to “Jump Start Your Podcast.”
This class is designed to walk you through all the steps of creating and launching a podcast. My aim is to have you ready to launch your podcast and first episode, just 8 weeks after we start. By following along and finishing their homework, 83% of students graduated and launched a show past classes.
It's a fun, fast paced class that I simply LOVE teaching. I run Jump Start Your Podcast as a mix of self-paced and live calls. The modules and workbooks are hosted here, on Teachable, with 4 "office hours" calls mixed in (one every other week).
The cart is open now, and lessons will go live on April 23rd for you to start working through the seven modules.
– self paced learning: a printable workbook to refer to, and podcast-style recordings to listen to for each lesson
– home work for each week that will stretch you a bit, but make sure that when we’re done with the class, you’re ready to hit publish on your podcast
– live "office hours" for you to ask questions and get coaching
– expertise from a podcast agency owner (Paula) with over five years of experience creating, producing, and editing successful top 200 shows
– access to our private Facebook group where you can interact with other students and ask questions
– bonus! You'll have access to coupon codes for 1+ months of free podcast hosting with Libsyn
Who is this class for?
This class is a great option for you if:
– you’re serious about launching a show, and have some ideas about what your show will be about
– you've got a blog or small business, and see podcasting as an addition to your “brand” or message, and want to use it as a vehicle to spread your message to the world
– you are comfortable with technology and understand the basics of blogging and/or social media
– you’re an self starter that is comfortable learning in a self paced way, and are OK with asking for extra help if you need it
– you like to have fun while you learn
– you’ve got a big heart and are yearning for community around something you’re excited about doing
There will be 4 Class calls included, with time for questions, which will be recorded if you miss them (or sign up after they've been held):
- May 7 at 2pm PDT: covering Module 1
- May 14 at 2pm PDT: covering Module 2,3
- June 4 at 2pm PDT: covering Module 4
- June 11 at 2pm PDT: covering Module 5, 6
Podcasting since 2015, I'm the host of "Jump Start Your Joy," a top 200 podcast that has been on New & Noteworthy, and What's Hot. It was an absolute joy to be invited to speak at the 2019 She Podcasts Live conference,on creating a "Creative Content Jumpstart." I love podcasting so much that I've created a boutique podcasting agency that focuses on show production: Joy and Podcasting. Whether you enroll in be The 5 Day Plan Your Podcast Challenge to craft the foundation and mission statement for your show, Jump Start Your Podcast to launch, or The Podcast Group Mentorship Program to create the processes you need to support a show in production - I'm excited to meet you and hope you'll sign up. I can't wait to hear your show.
To celebrate the launch of my brand new site, I'm offering a “Pay What Works” Model*:
"There are “how-to” courses for starting a podcast and then, there is Jump Start Your Podcast. Paula’s course offers a unique perspective that is not just the nuts and bolts and technical “how to’s” of getting your podcast launched; she can also provide intuitive insight to help you discover fears that are keeping you from realizing that dream. Paula is a powerful life coach and her guidance really helped me overcome unexpected vulnerability when I launched the Midlife Schmidlife podcast. Point blank, my podcast most likely wouldn’t have happened and would still be one of those things I want to do “some day.” If you are thinking about starting a podcast, Jump Start Your Podcast is the ONLY online course I would consider.” Liz Applegate, Midlife Schmidlife