Welcome to “Jump Start Your Podcast.”
This class is designed to walk you through all the steps of creating and launching a podcast. The focus is to have you ready to launch your podcast and first episode, just 8-10 weeks after your start.
How the class works (what you get)
– a private Facebook group for all students, to meet and mingle and get support as needed
– an one on one 30 minute strategy session with you to brainstorm about your show, your content, the show's name, even how often you’d like to update it
– a community: you'll have others along side of you as you tackle the fears, the bumps in the road, and the hard stuff TOGETHER. Plus we will celebrate and support each other when each person launches their podcast
– home work for each week that will stretch you a bit, but make sure that when we’re done with the class, you’re ready to hit publish on your podcast
– bonuses! You'll have access to coupon codes for 1+ months of free podcast hosting with Libsyn, discounts & recommendations on an editor, and a discount on music as part of the class (a savings of up to $45)
– more bonuses! I'll hold office hours once a month for you to call in, ask questions, and meet other students
Who is this class for?
This class is a great option for you if:
– you’re serious about launching a show, and have some ideas about what your show will be about
– you've got a blog or small business, and see podcasting as an addition to your “brand” or message, and want to use it as a vehicle to spread your message to the world
– you are comfortable with technology and understand the basics of blogging and/or social media
– you’re an self starter and are OK with asking for extra help if you need it
– you’ve got a big heart and are yearning for community around something you’re excited about doing
Julie Houghton is a life and career coach based in San Francisco who helps women find the courage to do work they love. She has her MBA from UC Berkeley and is a mom to two girls, age 6 and 7. You can find her at www.juliehoughton.com.
"There are “how-to” courses for starting a podcast and then, there is Jump Start Your Podcast. Paula’s course offers a unique perspective that is not just the nuts and bolts and technical “how to’s” of getting your podcast launched; she can also provide intuitive insight to help you discover fears that are keeping you from realizing that dream. Paula is a powerful life coach and her guidance really helped me overcome unexpected vulnerability when I launched the Midlife Schmidlife podcast. Point blank, my podcast most likely wouldn’t have happened and would still be one of those things I want to do “some day.” If you are thinking about starting a podcast, Jump Start Your Podcast is the ONLY online course I would consider.” Liz Applegate, Midlife Schmidlife